“The Lord demands accurate scales and balances; He sets the standards for fairness.” Prov 16:9
God is good. He gives everyone the same love, the same hope, and the same right to choose. The rest is up to you.
It makes me angry when people blame God when people are sick or dying. God didn’t give your loved one cancer or anything else. He doesn’t have sickness to give and it’s not who He is.
God gives life. He sent Jesus to take sickness and defeat death. God is good.
Sometimes the choices that lead to someone’s illness came from their bad choices or someone else’s. Sometimes there’s no one at fault. Sometimes bad things just happen.
But blaming the One who loves you more than anyone else could possibly attempt to love you and distancing yourself from Him when you’re hurting or grieving is the opposite of what you should be doing.
God isn’t responsible for your life. You are. You may be in a bad spot because of your choices. You may be in a bad spot because of someone else’s bad choices. Or you may be going through a purification process that’s no one’s fault. No matter what your struggles are know that God is good, fair, honest and just. And…
1. God is for you, not against you.
2. God turns things around for good to those who love Him.
3. God is good. All day every day.
4. God is hopelessly in love with you.
5. Jesus came to save the world, not condemn it.
6. God doesn’t want a single person to perish. Hell was originally created for Satan and the angels that followed him…not for humans.
7. Jesus thinks everything He went through was worth it…because it was for you…the one He loves.
All this is true. Reread it. Meditate on it. Bathe in it. Stew in it. Whatever it takes for you to understand and believe it.
Point to ponder while you wander…God is good. And we are equal in His eyes. He has no favorites. He works within the confines of our choices to bless us as much as He can. Why? Because He’s good!